To add multiple User Profiles to a Samsung Galaxy Tablet you will require a gmail account. (The same gmail account can be used with all users on the device.) This is required to access Google Play Store as all new users created will have to install DiDi Apps and any other apps required per individual user profile.
Limit of 9 user accounts can be added to tablet.
- From the home screen, pull down from the top of page to access the ‘Settings’ icon.
2. Click on ‘Accounts and Backup’, then click on ‘Users’.
3. Click on ‘Add user or profile’, then click ‘OK’ to create a new user.
4. Either Set up user now which will log into the profile, or set up later by clicking ‘Not Now’ and you can configure later.
5. Click on the Blue arrow, then for Wi-Fi connection, Click ‘Skip’, unless connecting to a hotspot Network Connection.
6. Click on ‘I have read and agree to all the above.’ Then click ‘Next’.
7. This is where a gmail account is required to access the ‘Play Store’ to install Apps. Any gmail can be used, however if a user does not have a gmail account, one will need to be created.
Enter password and click ‘Next’.
Note: 1 gmail account can be used to set up multiple additional users on a single device.
8. Click on ‘I agree’ to proceed with setup. Click on ‘Accept’ for ‘Google Services’.
9. Click ‘Skip’ for ‘Sign in to your Samsung account’. Then click ‘Skip’ again.
10. To change the name of the User account, navigate to ‘Settings’ > ‘Accounts and backup’ either as the logged in New User account or the Admin default account. Click on the User account and a ‘Profile Information’ box will appear. Once the name has been entered, click ‘OK’.
11. To change User Profile Picture, Navigate to ‘Accounts and backup’ > Users > Choose your account and click on the Person Icon, then either ‘Take Photo’ OR ‘Select picture from Gallery’ then click ‘OK’.
12. Each individual user can set up their own lock screen Swipe, Pin, Pattern or Password if so desired. Navigate to the settings menu and select ‘Lock Screen’ > ‘Screen lock type’.
Note: This is not required but is a handy feature for multiple users to only have access to their own profile.
13. Every new profile created will have to install any Apps required such as DiDi apps and Outlook as the config for a new user is like logging onto the tablet for the first time (gmail account needed).
After initial config the tablet will install default apps such as Samsung Internet browser etc.
14. To swap between User Profiles, simply pull down from top of Home Screen and click on the Person Icon, then select a profile to log into.
15. From a Lock Screen click the Person Icon in the top right-hand corner and a drop down of profiles will appear, simply click on the profile to swap.
Note: If a lock screen (other than default swipe to unlock) has been setup on a user profile, you’ll need to know this to access the user profile.
16. To remove/delete User Profiles, Navigate to Settings > ‘Accounts and backup’ > ‘Users’, click on the Settings Icon next to the user profile and Click ‘Delete user’.
Note: Logged in as the default (Admin) account you can delete ALL user profiles, but when logged in under a User Profile you can only delete YOUR profile, not other user accounts.