The following article is a quick overview of the SMU & GPS page, located in the Assets Report. This page focuses on connected assets, and for a more details on the information on this page, visit the SMU History or GPS History pages respectively.
For more information about the user interface and functionality of reports, click here.
|Roles | Executive ✓ | Fleet ✓ | Operations ✗ | Financials ✗|
For more information on how to use filters, click here.
On the left side of the SMU & GPS page is the Filters Panel. Here you can make some simple changes that will affect the entire report.
- If the end-user has multiple customer numbers attached to their account, they have the ability to select the Company drop-down menu and select one or multiple companies. All available companies are set by default.
- This drop-down menu allows the end-user to select one or multiple connected assets by model number. All available models are set by default.
- Serial Number
- This drop-down menu allows the end-user to select one or multiple connected assets by serial number. All available serial numbers are set by default.
- Alternate ID
- This drop-down menu allows the end-user to select one or multiple connected assets by alternate ID number. All available alternate ID numbers are set by default.
- Reading Date
- This date filter allows the user to specify a timeframe to filter connected assets. The timeframe is by Reading Date. The Reading Date filter is set to 30 days by default.
At the top of the SMU & GPS page, three tile cards are present, and exist to give the end-user a general overview of asset with SMU readings, assets with GPS and utilisation as the report filters. Clicking on these tile cards do not trigger any filters.
- Assets with SMU
- Assets with SMU includes assets that have emitted an SMU reading within the timeframe set by the report date filter. Using certain filters will change this number to reflect the selection changes.
- Assets with GPS
- Assets with GPS shows the user how many assets have emitted GPS coordinates within the timeframe set by the report date filter. Not all machines that emit SMU readings also emit GPS coordinates.
- Avg. Daily Utilisation (hr)
- The average daily utilisation tile card shows the daily average hours of connected equipment over the timeframe set by the report date filter. For a more detailed overview on equipment utilisation, go to the SMU History page in the Assets Report.
The Monthly Utilisation chart shows the total equipment utilisation by month. The amount of months visible is dependant on what the date filter is set at.
This chart shows both total utilisation, and machines that contributed to that total.
The Equipment List table on the SMU & GPS page is designed to give the end-user a view of all equipment with an SMU Reading, whether it is owned or rented, when the last reading was taken and it's average daily hours. Each line item on this list can be selected for more information. Only one machine at a time can be selected in this view.
The Top 50 Models by Utilisation bar chart is designed to show the top 50 equipment models by the amount operated by the customer accounts associated. Average Daily Utilisation is also available on this graph, and can be sorted by that metric if required.
For more information on navigating maps, click here.
The Map View gives the end user a quick overview of where all connected assets are located anywhere in the world. Assets are represented by yellow dots, and clicking on a yellow dot will trigger a filter. Multiple assets can be selected by holding down the Shift key and single-click and drag over multiple yellow dots.
This map only shows a maximum of 1000 connected assets.