|Roles | Executive ✓ | Fleet ✓ | Operations ✗ | Financials ✗|
The following article is a quick overview of the Warranty page, located in the Assets Report. This page focuses on both active and expired warranties, and should help the user become more aware of active warranties that are set to expire soon.
For more information about the user interface and functionality of reports, click here.
- Filters Panel
- Active vs Expired Warranty
- Warranty Tile Cards
- Warranty Details
- Warranties About to Expire (Next 6 Months)
- Active Warranties by Warranty Type
For more information on how to use filters, click here.
On the left side of the Warranty page is the Filters Panel. Here you can make some simple changes that will affect the entire report. Note: There is no date filter on this page. All data shown is not restricted by date.
- If the end-user has multiple customer numbers attached to their account, they have the ability to select the Company drop-down menu and select one or multiple companies. All available companies are set by default.
- This drop-down menu allows the end-user to select one or multiple assets by model number. All available models are set by default.
- Serial Number
- This drop-down menu allows the end-user to select one or multiple assets by serial number. All available models are set by default.
- Alternate ID
- This drop-down menu allows the end-user to select one or multiple connected assets by alternate ID number. All available alternate ID numbers are set by default.
- Warranty Type
- This drop-down allows the end-user to select one or multiple types of warranty. All available warranty types are set by default.
- Is Cat
- This button filter allows the end-user to filter the report to exclude Caterpillar assets, if No is selected, or filter only Caterpillar assets, if Yes is selected. If the filter is cleared, meaning no option is selected, both Caterpillar and non-Caterpillar assets will be shown in the report. By default, Is Cat has no selection, showing both Cat and Non Cat assets.
The Active vs Expired Warranty donut chart is designed to show the ratio of active warranties to expired warranties based on whatever filters have been triggered. Clicking on either elements of this chart will filter the entire report to either active or expired.
At the top of the Warranty page, three tile cards are present, and exist to give the end-user a general overview of assets with warranties, active warranties and expired warranties. Clicking on these tile cards will trigger filters.
- Assets with Warranty
- Assets with Warranty tile shows how many selected assets have either an active or expired warranty.
- Active Warranties
- Active Warranties tile shows how many selected assets have active warranties.
- Expired Warranties
- Expired Warranties tile shows how many selected assets have expired warranties.
The Warranty Details table gives the end user a raw overview of all active and expired warranties. The table details serial number, warranty type, enrolment date, expiry date and warranty status (active or expired). Expired warranties have a red tag in the status column for better visibility.
This table can be exported to .xlsx or .csv as raw data.
The Warranties About to Expire (Next 6 Months) bar chart is designed to show upcoming warranties that are going to expire. Clicking on one of these bars will filter information to show the relevant assets and the warranty details.
This bar chart supports drill down and hierarchies.
The Active Warranties by Warranty Type bar chart is designed to show the active warranty types from most to least.